Sunday, July 17, 2011
Making An Impact!
As you may or may not know, in two weeks I'm packing up and going to Iowa to play soccer. My coach gave me a summer work out. It includes daily running, lifting and ball skills. All together the work out take about two hours a day. When you're working two jobs, while trying to maintain a social and family life, this is awfully difficult! But when is even more difficult is finding the motivation! So I've been reading a book by Mia Hamm titled, Go for the Goal. Talk about motivating! Not only for soccer, but also for life. So as I've been reading and studying it, I came across something that I haven't been able to get out of my mind and thought I'd share it with you... In a chapter called the Mental Game, Mia talks about how every time she would step on to the field she would think, "I'm going to make an impact today." From then on, she played to make an impact. This motivated me to not only make in impact on the soccer field everyday that I'm training, playing or fooling around with the ball but also in life. I'm going to make in impact in my every day life! When I wake up in the morning, I'm trying to set a goal of making an impact in everything I do. Not just any impact, but a positive impact. :) I invite you to do the same! You'll start to see a lot of things start to change. Some things that once seemed really important begin to become less important and other things become more important. They best way to make an impact is to be good example in all you do and when you commit to something give it your all! So when you wake up tomorrow morning, I triple-dog-dare you to try to make an impact during the day! Whether it's at work, on the field, with your family, friends or even when you're singing in the shower(don't really know how you can make an impact in the shower, if you figure it out, let me know ;D ) Make that your goal of the day and you'll see your life change before your eyes, and possibly even others will be effected by your choice!! (Don't forget, you can't turn down a triple-dog-dare without being a big fat chicken.) ;]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment